10th October 2010: The 10.10.10 Global Work Party
Called by 350.org
350.org, the organisation behind the worldwide global day of action in October 2009, is calling out for people to organise “work parties”, with an emphasis on both “work” and “party”. These events would be a chance to showcase activities which are being done at a local level, by FoE groups or allies to implement solutions to the climate crisis: from solar panels to community gardens, wind turbines to bike workshops. The actions will tell leaders: “We’re getting to work–what about you?” After a big day of work, it’ll be time to celebrate. This is the time to get everyone involved together to honor your good work, thank everyone who helped, and show everyone in your community how fun working together for a 350 future can be.
350.org has produced lots of resources to help you get involved including:
- 10 steps to organising your work party.
- A list of work-party ideas.
- A site to sign up with your work party.
- Lots of action resources.
Closer to the time they’ll be providing media resources
How you can get involved:
- The day of action is likely to attract significant media and political attention, and it will be a good chance to show the work that you are doing to support the transformation to more ecological and socially just societies.
- The work parties could be used to push for national climate legislation and other climate justice demands, in press work and public outreach before, during and after the event.
- The events could be a place to collect personal stories for the climate justice toolkit.